Who doesn’t love classic vanilla cupcakes? A perfect pick me up snack for any time of the day – be it early morning, after lunch dessert, evening snack or a midnight dessert. This recipe makes super moist, fluffy and beautiful vanilla flavored cupcakes. I bet you, these simple cupcakes will be the most requested treats among your friends. You can make mini ones or regular size, but I prefer mini – since they are cute and easier to eat! This homemade goodness is simply perfect. I would say perfection in a cupcake wrapper. This recipe requires very basic ingredients that you will find in your pantry or fridge.
This recipe yields 12 standard size cupcakes or 30 mini cupcakes.
- 112 grams butter
- 200 grams fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
- 100 ml milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- First step first, start with preheating your oven. 350F/ 180C. Line your cupcake tray with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. To make sure your cupcakes are fluffy make sure all dry ingredients are sifted. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat till all the ingredients are combined. On low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients and the milk, beat till combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Divide the batter equally between cups. You could use a spoon or a scoop – whatever you are comfortable with. Fill them about ¾ full – make sure they are not under or over filled.
- Bake for 8-10 mins or until a toothpick interested as a cake test is completely clean. Allow these cupcakes to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Cupcakes can be made a day or two in advance and can be stored at room temperature in an airtight box. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months -so make a batch and freeze so you can have a cupcake every day!
- Make sure to scrape your bowl after each addition of the ingredients as some of the ingredients might stick to the bottom or sides of the mixing bowl.
- All ingredients MUST be room temperature in order to achieve a perfect cupcake.
A super super easy recipe for all those who have a sweet tooth. This recipe uses only one bowl for mixing – so no extra dishes. All these ingredients listed above are easily available at home or at the store which is very convenient. Lets get baking and let us know how you liked this recipe.