Designer Lawn was huge this week with two major launches as the weather hots up. We’re also still processing fashion week, plus we were style spotting as usual – check out some of the best of this week’s pictures from our popular Instagram account @karachista1
- Team Karachista spotted actress Sanam Saeed at the Karachi Farmer’s Market at the Haque Academy. The still developing market isn;t every week just yet but it’s a great place to pick up organic milk, fruits, veggies and a host of artisanal food and beauty goods.
2. The Karma Pink Studio 54, disco-inspired collection was one of our fashion week faves! All the collections from PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week are being put up on the blog this week so watch this space for more fashion inspo!
3. All things fashion week led to some controversy as one of our followers pointed out quite a bit of similarity between a Feeha Jamshed Bob Squad print and the Staceface print by American designer Alice & Olivia. Cue a vehement denial by Feeha and an article in the Express Tribune. We stayed quiet and let our followers make up their own minds.
4. Meanwhile Zainab Chottani launched her lawn with Lakhany Silk Mills. The launch at the Alliance Francaise featured plenty of models and celebs. Check out models Sadaf Kanwal, Fia Sofia Khan and Iman Ali – all wearing Zainab Chottani Lawn of course!
5. We also did a round up of this year’s best designer lawns – featuring everyone from Elan to Ali Xeeshan.
6. Talking of Elan Lawn, this week’s catalogue launch inspired a frenzy as shoppers scrambled to get their hands on their faves. Even designers can never tell which joras will prove most popular but 3B on the left was one of this year’s most sought-after designs.
7. Moving away from lawn, we were still wedding-style spotting – these were two of this week’s most popular posts.
9. It wasn’t all fashion this week – Amin Gulgee’s gallery launched a vibrant exhibition – The 70’s: Pakistan’s Radioactive Decade. Check out Areesha Chaudry’s review here.
10. Finally, on a lighter note, this intrepid phone charger sparked plenty of smiles and tags!
Hi, the farmers market is now on Weekly! Try it out next week at Al Haque school