This week started off with a Lahori flavour with Karachista in Lahore – sightseeing, shopping and, of course, eating! It also saw Khadijah Shah throw a fab Marrakesh-themed party to celebrate Elan Lawn 2016 and Farah Talib Aziz throw a lavish tea to launch her lawn. The rest of the week passed in Dubai for a fab new project we’re doing with Swarovski, though we still managed to put up everything from wedding style to April Fool’s jokes on our popular Instagram @karachista1 – oh and we hit 70,000 followers so thank you every one!
1. I don’t get to Lahore nearly often enough so when I do, I like to check out all the new shops that have opened. This is a glimpse of Amber Gohar’s lovely new studio in Gulberg. Her prices are comparatively reasonable and her finishing and silhouettes are lovely.
2. Although Zara Shahjahan does have a Karachi studio, I popped in to check out her formals and also to scope her recent fashion week collection. It’s not in this picture but, seeing it up close, I really liked the washed natural linens she used and her play with structure.
3. A little sightseeing is a must! Didn’t have a chance to do the Lahore Walkabout but the new sightseeing bus is excellent and great value for money at Rs200 a ticket.
4. Khadijah Shah threw a gorgeous Marrakesh-themed evening to celebrate Elan lawn 2016. Shazreh Khalid put together an amazing ambience and it was a great opportunity to see this year’s collection up close, with many invitees wearing Elan Lawn.
6. More of Crimson lawn – this time Farah’s daughter and muse Maliha with makeup artist Natasha Khalid
7. This was a jet-setting week! After a brief stop in Karachi I headed to Dubai for an exciting new project with Swarovski, NeoArabia, where I got the chance to wear some amazing international designers and bond with some very cool bloggers from Dubai.
8. This was such a fun look – in a Victoria Beckham tweed suit with a spectacular statement necklace. Loved the material of this outfit – a tweed blend of yellow and white with a touch of blue. Such a great contrast shooting tweed in the desert. The makeup artist with me is the lovely Sophie Begtrup, who looks like a model and styles like an angel.
9. Meanwhile, back home, team Karachista spotted the lovely Natasia Khalid in a beautiful Shehla Chatoor sari
10. Finally we pulled a little April Fool’s joke yesterday – announcing that Hermes and four other international designers were opening up in Dolmen Mall. Our post attracted quite a few comments before we revealed it was an April Fools.